Sunday, March 8, 2009

Ruidoso Trip

We are back from Ruidoso! We stayed here. I wish I had more awesome pictures to show you but our time outside and downtown was limited because of all the crazy WIND. I really only got to take pictures inside the restaurants and downtown for five minutes. I had visions of taking some cool shots of the kids downtown with their colorful outfits and the beautiful sun shinning and the blue sky up above but that didn't happen. It was WINDY, dreary and cloudy. Oh well, we got away and had fun with the kids and that is all that matters.

I can't lie though, Craig was bugged with me. He says I always have my camera and we can't ever just have fun and not worry about pictures. Does anyone else have this problem? I know my family gets tired of it (especially Noah and Craig) but I have a sickness that can't be curred. I am willing to try but I need your help. Please schedule a session soon if you have been thinking about it so I can give them a break, LOL!

OK, back to our trip. Noah and Sierra's favorite part was swimming in the indoor pool. They have been begging to go swimming all winter so that was a real treat. We also had lots of fun at the gorgeous hotel. The landscape is just beautiful. I took the kids to the lake on the property to skip rocks and check out the ducks. I have a few photos of that I will share soon.

Here is some of the yummy and oh so healthy food we ate and Sierra sucking on a lemon, she cracks me up... (the connoli dessert was my fave!)

This one is so cute, Sierra is taking Craig's picture with her toy camera...


I promise I brushed my hair when I woke up, you just can't tell here!


A few I took in our hotel room...


4 comments:

Tammy Staley said...

Those are gorgeous! Especially love the one of Sierra's camera skills! It belongs in a magazine.
Tell Craig to stop his complaining.. and take a look at the AMAZING pictures he has of his family thanks to you! I remind Kevin of that all the time. :)

Anonymous said...

Can I tell you how much I relate to your post!

First, love the photos-amazing amazing...
Second, I grew up in Ruidoso...I am from two of your vacation spots...really weird...
Third, my hubby is always telling me that I don't HAVE to take the camera EVERYWHERE we go...but I tell him that I do HAVE to as it is my passion that I cannot cure...so I get it, I really really do...
Fourth, do we have too many things in common?
xoxo

Jeff, Mo and Hadley said...

Very nice pics..I really like the ones taken in the hotel room.

The Wades said...

Have that problem??!! I invented it! I always say that I don't even want to go and "enjoy" something if I can't take a picture of it. You know what I've found over the years?? I remember random outings we had because I took a picture of it. Geez, someone has to be the family historian. Another thing, sometimes I take my kids to do fun things just because it would make a cute picture. It's a win, win situation.

A passion should not be snuffed.

(Feel free to use that quote. I coined it just for you.)